FIPPO is a private association of medicinal and aromatic plants producers, established in 1995. Its main purpose is to share information and experiences to improve the development of medicinal plants production and improve the category in the public administrations.
FIPPO is part of the E.H.G.A. - EUROPAM (European Herb Growers
with which has participated in the drafting of the guidelines on good agricultural and collection practices for medicinal and aromatic plants, and protection and support programs at European level. Every two years, organizes a Forum open to all growers members, trading companies representatives and processing industries of medicinal plants. This to promote knowledge and trade opportunities between the parts.
- Technical, economic, legal and financial news publications for the member companies management.
- Organization of a network to improves a better knowledge of medicinal products market data and to help production choices.
- Training courses for technical modernization of aromatic and medicinal plants cultivation, according to rational and professional methods.
- Seminars, workshops, conferences, national and international events to promote information exchange on the area.
- European initiatives for the attainment of a common policy.
- Periodic newsletter includes information on the sector activities.