Putting Food Safety and Sustainability on the Map
G.A.P. stands for Good Agricultural Practice – and GLOBALG.A.P. is the worldwide standard that assures it.
We're a global organization with a crucial objective: safe, sustainable agriculture worldwide. We set voluntary standards for the certification of agricultural products around the globe - and more and more producers, suppliers and buyers are harmonizing their certification standards to match.
GLOBALG.A.P. members create private sector incentives for agricultural producers worldwide to adopt safe and sustainable practices to make this world a better place to live in for our children.
Globally connecting farmers and brand owners in the production and marketing of safe food to provide reassurance for consumers. We lay the foundation for the protection of scarce resources by the implementation of Good Agricultural Practices with a promise for a sustainable future.
What We Do:
Our GLOBALG.A.P. Products
We offer 3 main certification products named localg.a.p, GLOBALG.A.P. and GLOBALG.A.P.+ Add-on:
- GLOBALG.A.P. offers 17 standards for 3 scopes: Crops, Livestock, and Aquaculture
- localg.a.p. and GLOBALG.A.P.+ Add-on offer programs for developing customized solutions for our members
Our GLOBALG.A.P. System
With more than 400 certified products and over 170,000 certified producers in more than 125 countries, we have a sound foundation that is both solid enough to build trust and integrity and flexible enough to spur innovation and excellence:
- We work with more than 1700 trained inspectors and auditors working for 153 accredited certification bodies to perform independent third-party producer audits and issue our certificates.
- We have a pioneering integrity system with independent assessments to monitor the performance of our certification bodies.
- We have a secure online certification database that our customers can use to check producers and validate certificates.
- We have an extensive worldwide network of consultants to help producers with their certification process.
- We provide training to thousands of people on 5 continents and several languages.
- And we have a harmonization program to benchmark schemes and standards around the world.
And this is why we are the most widely accepted private sector food safety certification in the world.