Moroccan Interprofessional Federation of roses (FIMAROSE) was established in April 2012, in Morocco. It brings together all stakeholders in the sector of Damascena rose, producers and processors, in both Mgoun and Dades valleys. Members are companies, associations and cooperatives. Their number has reached 20 while they were only 14 on the day of creation.
The Government and the FIMAROSE agreed to undertake the sector's development throughout its value chain. The basic objectives of this Program to be achieved by 2020 are as follows:
- Increase the cultivation area of rose from 800ha to 1200ha
- Improve production to 4800 ton of fresh rose
- Increase quantities processed from 1000 tons to 3800 tons per year
- Increase the quantities exported (from 100 to 250 kg of essential oil, 2500 to 5000 Kg of concrete, 100 to 300 tons of rose water)
The program was divided into the following projects:
1- Production of rose plants
2- Mobilization and distribution of water
3- Training Program
4- Construction of the rose’s house
5. Research and Development
6. Business strategy of the sector
7- Regulation’s upgrade
The FIMAROSE works closely with its partners for the implementation of this program.