Maple Syrup of Canada
The Black Shank uses the new grading standards and the quality of our maple syrup is monitored by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). It’s your guarantee of flavor and purity.
Our maple syrup comes in four categories named by color:
- Golden, delicate taste (Light transmission of 75% and over)
- Amber, rich taste (Light transmission between 50% and 74.9%)
- Dark, robust taste (Light transmission between 25% and 49.9%)
- Very dark, strong taste (Light transmission less than 25%)
All maple syrup has the following characteristics:
- Made only from concentrated maple sap or by diluting or dissolving a maple product other than maple sap in potable water
- Is clean, healthy, and edible
- Has a minimum of 66% and a maximum of 68.9% soluble solids
- Does not ferment
- Is a clear, uniform color
- Has no objectionable odor or taste
- Has the maple flavor characteristic of its color class
Black Shank uses only “Canada Grade A” maple syrup.