Cofina, a proudly Ecuadorian exporting company that handles cocoa beans and it´s semi-finished products, that was founded in 1993 and started exporting April 1994. It obtains facilities for the collection and processing of cocoa beans in the country. It is strategically located at Km 11 via Duran - Tambo. This location allows access from various parts of the country and to a variety traders and distributors as well as small and large farmers.
Cofina has a monthly capacity of 2,000 metric tons for the preparation and selection of grain according to their different qualities: ASE, ASS and ASSS. Cofina also has a monthly production capacity of 500 metric tons of cocoa liquor/paste/mass, 240 MT of cocoa butter and 260 MT of cocoa powder / cake.
Within our range of products we offer:
- Cocoa liquor/paste/mass
- Cocoa butter
- Cocoa powder
- Cocoa cake
- Cocoa Nibs
Certifications: ORGANIC, KOSHER, UTZ, RAINFOREST, GMP, FSSC 22000
Our products are made by using processes regulated by international standards of quality and sustainability, which identifies us as a responsible company dedicated to the quality of our products.
Cofina is a company that promotes social responsibility, our main purposes is to improve the living conditions, social commodities, and the economic environment of cocoa farming communities in order to promote a network of sustainable and sustainable agriculture.
- We work with farmers in an inclusive form of business.
- We provide free qualified advice and technical assistance.
- We have a plan for the delivery of free machinery to the communities.
- We promote the cultivation of pollution-free organic cocoa through appropriate cultivation practices that are environmentally friendly.
- We work together with different NGOs.
- Promote fair trade. Our networks of farmers have the opportunity to sell their cocoa at the right price and make it available to the best customers in the world.
- We have over 230 strategic suppliers across the country.
- 2,000 families benefit
- 1,500 hectares of cocoa plantations with organic certification are being harvested.
- Ecuador is promoted as a cocoa country worldwide.