“Agropro” is the largest producer, processor and trader of hemp in the Baltic region, as well as one of the largest producers of organic hemp in Europe. The year 2013 marked the start of hemp growing at “Agropro”, followed by the further development of our organic hemp business in 2014.
The area of land in the Baltic region that is cultivated with organic hemp has increased five times within a period of 2 years. Currently, the land being cultivated on certified organic fields has reached 2200 ha. Each year has stood out in terms of increases in our production volume and the expansion of our product variety.
Our certified organic fields are cultivated with the FINOLA variety of hemp, which was developed by PhD Jace Callaway in Finland, and therefore grows perfectly in the northerly climate of the Baltic region. This non-narcotic variety of hemp belongs to the Cannabis sativa L. family, and is used for food preparation and oil extraction.
Our exceptional products are made from certified organic raw hemp seed by ensuring total control of the organic farms, and by tracking the products from field to table. Our products do not contain any preservatives, colours and other food additives, GMOs, gluten-free. In all stages of the production process, the temperature of our raw material or products will not exceed 40 °C; thus, all of the nutrients are preserved. We believe that nature is not a place to visit. It is our home. 95% of our products are exported to the EU and USA, and we are also entering the markets of Japan, South Korea and Canada.
Hemp seed is rich in:
- Polyunsaturated Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids (3:1 ratio) which are essential for maintaining a normal cholesterol level in the blood and a good memory, for strengthening the central nervous system, for improving the condition of joints, and for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases and many other ailments;
- Proteins that contain no trypsin inhibitors, which make protein absorption difficult;
- Vitamins A, D, C, and E that are essential for healthy skin and the immune system, as well as for the protection of the body’s cells against the adverse effects of free radicals, for normal absorption of calcium and phosphorus, for a normal muscular condition, etc.;
- Minerals, sodium, calcium and iron, which are essential for the heart and bones, etc.;
- Fibre that is essential for improving intestinal well-being, and protecting against diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
Our vision is organic hemp seed product, containing the part of everyday responsible user food basket. Organic farming means much more than agricultural activity without using synthetic substances. Organic farming is a way of producing food that respects natural life cycles. We are proud to be one of the major leaders in the organic hemp market of Europe.
Exhibitor videoPlay video
Agropro offers you products from these product groups:
- Kosher (734)
- Vegetarian (1438)
- Vegan (1717)
- Gluten-free (1499)
- Lactose-free (1063)
- Raw (548)
- Manufacturer (2550)
- Wholesaler (636)
- Grocery products Cooking and baking (2718)
- Grocery products Snacks and sweets (1646)
- Raw materials, supplies (745)