Bios S.r.l. is a private, control and certification body operating mainly in organic certification standards (EC Reg. 834/2007) and then according to other accredited Agri-food private standards (such as GLOBALGAP IFA 3.1 Fruits and Veg, UNI EN ISO 22005:2008 Traceability in food chains).
Bios S.r.l. started its activity in Italy in 1999. Officially accredited by the Italian Ministry of Agricultural Policies, in 2004 it started its activity in Romania as well. In 2007 it was accredited against GLOBALGAP certification standard (Fruits and Veg.).
Since 2004 Bios is working in the voluntary field of greenhouse gases emissions reduction and carbon credits generation. The current standard βNEUTRAL was ratified in June 2012 and is meant to calculate, reduce and offset GHG emissions and to generate carbon credits to be traded in the voluntary market.
The main aims of the organization are:
- Performing control and certification activities of organic regulation against Regulation EC 834/2007 and in agricultural and livestock production and processing (including aquaculture) with reference to international, European and national standards and laws;
- Performing control and certification activities of food production and processing with reference to voluntary and private standards;
- Performing control and certification activities of business management systems with reference to standards and laws even voluntary and private relatively to the quality, the environmental impact, the traceability and the raw material origin;
- Performing professional training with regards to the control and certification of food production activities;
- Performing promotion and coordination of studies on organic farming and eco-friendly no-food sectors.