Tofu is a very popular meat replacer, based on soy beans. In China, Tofu is very well known since more than 2000 years. Our Tofu is a curdle from soy milk with natural minerals such as nigari, calcium and magnesium. Tofu is very rich in proteins and contains all essential amino acids. Tofu contains a lot of iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and phosphor, vitamins B1, B2 and B6.
Preparations in the kitchen:
One of the main properties of Tofu is its diversity. Tofu can be given all sorts of tastes.
Fresh Tofu can be used for all kind of preparations: main course, sauces, dressings, desserts, just name it.
Some examples of how you can easily prepare tofu:
- cook the tofu during 5 min. with salt and herbs or soy sauce.
- roll the tofu in soy sauce and bake in the oven for 15 min on 150°C.
- fry in vegetable oil
- smoked tofu (tofu smoked in a natural way.)
- minced tofu (pre-baked minced tofu, replaces the traditional minced meat. Perfect for spaghetti sauce.)
- mildly spiced tofu stripes (pre-baked tofu slivers with a natural spiced flavour.)
- spice tofu stripes (pre-baked slivers with a spicy flavour, perfect to prepare Eastern dishes.)