The programme combines theoretical and practical contents in a balanced way. Coursework focuses not only on fundamentals of food management and core skills but also on case studies and projects to encourage the analysis and development of solutions for practical problems. This programme ensures a practical orientation by means of an internship. Through a broad scope of integrated subjects, students acquire comprehensive knowledge and further social and methodical skills to promote their personal development. Interdisciplinary lectures and projects encourage teamwork.
Our graduates are able to thoroughly assess the process of food production along the value-added chain from the agricultural origins to the retail market. They are also prepared to recognise the interdependence of primary products and food quality. Students acquire comprehensive and applied knowledge in the processes of food production and are able to optimise process and product quality by means of the widespread QM systems. They know the pertinent legal foundations of the food industry and know how to economically assess the processes of food production. Our students have the ability to appraise procurement and sales markets and handle them by means of marketing methods. They learn useful management techniques for decision-making situations and know how to apply planning and communication strategies in all sectors of business organisation.
Undergraduate students can specialise in fields like:
- food of vegetable origin;
- food of animal origin.
Additionally, they can choose between elective and compulsory optional subjects to complement their studies.
With the final examination, our students obtain an application-oriented and scientifically founded degree. Depending on the field of specialisation, this degree qualifies graduates to undertake specialised tasks and leading positions:
- in companies involved in food production and processing;
- in trading firms that deal with primary products, additives, intermediate products and food;
- in agribusiness, co-operatives, producer alliances and marketing corporations for products of vegetable and animal origin;
- in private and public institutions, particularly in those involved in the control and inspection of food quality and safety, in the market organisation or specific production methods (like ecological food production) and in farming associations;
- in research, control and development companies;
- in enterprises in the area of marketing, market research, counselling and auditing, as well as in insurance firms and banks.
Other products from
You decided to attend the BIOFACH? Get your tickets at the