The programme combines theoretical and practical contents in a balanced way. Coursework focuses not only on fundamentals of nutrition and core skills but also on case studies and projects to encourage the analysis and development of solutions for practical problems. This programme ensures a practical orientation by means of an internship. Through a broad scope of integrated subjects, students acquire comprehensive knowledge and further social and methodical skills to promote their personal development. Additionally, they can also pursue the credentials of certified nutrition consultants.
Undergraduate students can specialise in fields like:
- nutrition and health;
- supply management;
- quality assurance, food development and management.
With the final examination, our students obtain an application-oriented and scientifically founded degree. This degree qualifies them to undertake specialised tasks and leading positions in the following areas:
- technical, analytical and organisational cooperation in the food production and processing industry, as well as in logistics;
- quality assurance and management at all nutrition-related levels (industry, business and food supply);
- development, management and monitoring of food processing businesses, establishments for community care, tourism facilities and hotels;
- market monitoring and research;
- dietetics and nutrition counselling in public and private institutions, in teaching and as a freelance specialist;
- planning and development of pertinent tasks in the public service sector, for example, in ministries of agriculture, food and consumer protection, as well as in government agencies for rural development and public health;
- technical and organisational development and assistance in establishments for community care, inclusive of providing suitable solutions for energy and environmental tasks;
- consumer protection and counselling, energy and environmental counselling and protection;
- scientific cooperation and monitoring in laboratories and health departments respectively;
- cooperation in marketing and consultancy companies.