Gum arabic is the dried resin of acacia trees from the Sahel. The so called “gum belt” spreads from east to west through the African continent. It has been recognised as a proven natural resource for food and a range of other applications since ancient times. Willy Benecke continually strives for the preservation of this natural raw material.
The harvest of gum Arabic provides important socio-economic benefits to the population in the Sahel region. It generates income and access to the export market for one of the poorest regions in Africa. Furthermore, the acacia-tree-vegetation forms a “green belt” protecting the Sahel from the expansion of the Sahara.
For more than twenty years Willy Benecke has been producing spray-dried gum arabic powder in Germany and is one of the leading global suppliers. Since 2012 we are producing in our cutting-edge production plant SprayCom GmbH in the town of Wittenburg near Hamburg.
Gum arabic is an organic multifunctional ingredient:
- 100% natural, vegetable origin
- Nearly odorless and tasteless, low viscosity at a relatively high solubility, good pH stability and very good dispersibility
- High fiber content, prebiotic properties – low nutritional value.
- Allergen-free according to EU 1169/2000 and ALBA
- Suitable for a vegetarian and vegan diet
Gum arabic is ideal for use as:
- Stabilizer, emulsifier and suspending agent for the beverage industry, for flavor emulsions, in confectioneries, dairy products and sauces
- Protective colloid / carrier in micro-encapsulations
- Natural fiber enrichment
- Tableting and emulsions in the pharmaceutical sector
- Stabilizer in cosmetics
In addition to our certified organic qualities (DE-ÖKO-005), we can also offer mechanically ground powder, granulates as well as lumps. If special product parameters are required we create a tailor-made product for you.