Locust bean gum is the ground endosperm of the seeds of the natural strains of carob tree which grows primarily in the Mediterranean region. Main source countries are Spain, Italy and Portugal.
Production is done by approved suppliers from the EU and controlled by a quality management system. In addition, key parameters are analyzed a second time in our own specialized laboratory. Ensuring a high and constant quality for the processing industry.
Locust bean gum powder is:
- 100% natural, vegetable origin
- Nearly odorless and tasteless, high viscosity and good pH stability
- Gluten-free – low nutritional value
- Allergen-free according to EU 1169/2000 and ALBA
- Suitable for a vegetarian and vegan diet
It is an excellent:
- Thickener, stabilizer and suspending agent for the beverage industry, for ice cream, in confectioneries, dairy products and sauces
- Stabilizer in cosmetics
In addition to our certified organic quality (DE-ÖKO-005), we offer a variety of different qualities.