Variety: Physalis Peruviana
Certifications: IFAT (fair-trade) – In the process to be certified ISO 22000 (December 2008)
Processing procedure: selecting, washing, drying (with hot air flows/drying tunnels of 58º to 60ºC)
Traceability: Complete traceability guaranteed. By the end of October 2008 special product code will be placed on every box/bag. This will allow the client as well as the final customer to trace back the product on our website (every step in the value chain will be transparently published).
- Appearance: irregular size (1,6 – 2cm), irregular, wrinkled surface, similar to a raisin, can be adjusted to customer’s desire
- Colour: Dark orange
- Consistency/Structure/Texture: Soft paste
- Odour: Typical, not off odour
- Taste: Typical, not off taste
- Method of drying: Hot air flows (drying tunnels)
- Shelf Life: 1 year
- Conditions of Storage: Fresh place without much light exposure.