Açaí is the fruit of a palm tree that has the same name. It grows in tropical and subtropical weather areas of South America, but is best known in Brazil, where its use and commercialization are widespread in a wide range of ways, and then extending all over the world.
The açai powder is a raw product obtained from the purple berries the palm tree yields. The pulp of the berry tastes delicious ad it is often consumed as a kind of sweet by the locals. Besides their taste these berries are highly appreciated due to their high nutritious value.
One of the reasons it is so valued is due to the high content in antioxidants; among its virtues we must also have in mind that it has detoxifying power and helps lose weight. Açai berries contain a big amount of unsaturated fatty acids, as for instance omega 3, 6 and 9. No doubt it is considered a superfood.
Properties of açai:
– The high amount of antioxidants helps fight the aging process;
– It helps the body restore the red blood cells, which makes it perfect in case of anemia;
– it enhances the immune system;
– it improves mental concentration and frame of mind;
– it increases the body energy level and its libido.
– It helps prevent osteoporosis thanks to the amount of calcium it contains.
All the information provided is just for educational purpose and it is not our intention to diagnose, treat or cure any kind of illness.