It is a green, single cell algae that grows in fresh water, spherical, with a diameter of about 2-10 micron, and it holds the title of being the algae with biggest amount of properties as well as being one of the most complete superfoods. It is one of the most primitive forms of life on the planet, as its origin dates back 600 million years.
It has a strong green colour due to its high contents in chlorophyll. As it is naturally rich in phytonutrients it is a natural source of proteins and amino acids in just the right measure. Among the super properties of chlorella we must point out its capacity to detoxify the body. As if this was not enough, chlorella contains all the essential amino acids, necessary to rebuild tissues and neurotransmitters. As its name states, it also has high amounts of chlorophyll, which boosts the immune system, alkalinity and reduces inflammation. It has the capacity to enhance the production of intestinal flora, bacteria and probiotic elements in our digestive tract, which makes digestion easier.
Properties of chlorella:
– it helps our body get rid of heavy metals, being a powerful detoxifier that holds onto toxins and sends them out of the body;
– It helps cleanse our digestive system;
– it reinforces our immune system;
– it helps with cell regeneration thanks to its CFG (growth factor);
– It helps fight anemia;
– It stabilizes blood pressure;
– it helps slow down the aging process;
– it boosts energy and vitality;
– it helps regulate the level of sugar in the blood;
Add chlorella to your smoothies and milkshakes together with fruit juice, other superfoods or simply in a glass of vegetal milk, yoghourt, water or any other way you prefer. Add a touch of health to your plates.
All the information provided is just for educational purpose and it is not our intention to diagnose, treat or cure any kind of illness.