Linden honey is produced by the bees from the nectar of Lime flowers, small yellow scented flowers, which are gathered in small bunches. The lime tree blossoms from June till July.
Linden honey is considered to be one of the best honey varieties, having a strong characteristic flavor.
Physical, chemical and organoleptic characteristics:
- its color varies from yellow to dark orange;
- it has a sweet- woody smell, easily recognized;
- it crystallizes very quickly, especially in a cold environment;
- it is rich in vitamins (B complex) and amino acids;
- it has a very high pollen content.
- it is an antiseptic, antibacterial, being thus used in the treatment of colds, flu, cough, pneumonia, bronchitis and laryngitis, but also in asthma and tuberculosis;
- it calms the nerves and it is recommended for people suffering from stress, neurosis, depression and insomnia;
- deal anti-inflammatory in the treatment of cramps.