The polyfloral honey is the best known assortment of honey.
Being made of the nectar of several different flowers, polyfloral honey is more aromatic, richer in minerals than other types of honey and therefore it is considered a complete honey.
Physical, chemical and organoleptic characteristics:
- it has a yellow-reddish color;
- its consistency is fluid, viscous or crystallized (aspect that confirms the originality of the product);
- it has a strong, particular fragrance, which highlights the multitude of different flavors;
- it contains simple sugars, glucose and fructose, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, enzymes, organic acids (lactic acid, gluconic acid), minerals (iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus).
- it is recommended to stimulate appetite and facilitate digestion;
- it is a good remedy against anemia, physical or mental tiredness, exhaustion, convalescence;
- it is recommended in the treatment of heart disease, liver disease;
- it is indicated in cases of anorexia, growth disorders, bone demineralization;
- it has antibacterial properties;
- due to its increased amount of hormones contained, the polyfloral honey helps in the fast healing of wounds and burns.