Terra di Bari extra virgin olive oil represents 3 oil varieties: Castel del Monte, Bitonto and Murgia dei Trulli e delle Grotte, connected to different production areas in the province of Bari. This oil comes from a collaboration established through frequent visits and direct meetings. A transparent relationship is a sign of trust that hasn’t excluded controls and synergies.
The control plan of the processing phases monitors the traceability of:
• leaves and drupes (olives): from harvesting to the selection, and qualification of the oil mill and milling
• milled lots: storage of extra virgin olive oil in dedicated silos for Ecor
• masses ready for bottling: selection and qualification of the plant itself
• sampling: preparation of three samples for each packaging batch, closed in numbered anti-burglary bags.
A fair price prevents the abandonment of Italian olive cultivation. Planning the agricultural and transformation phase is fundamental, and is favored by a real supply chain contract.
Our producers of Olives for Extra Virgin Olive Oil Terra di Bari-Castel del Monte:
• Azienda Agrinatura Veg of Giancarlo Ceci: variety Coratina and Leccino - 50 hectares in Località Andria (BT)
• F.lli Tandoi Filippo and Adalberto farm: Coratina variety - 59 hectares in Località Corato (BA)