60 YEARS OF HISTORY AND TRADITION
Ahead of its time, our company was the first dairy cooperative to produce drinking milk sourced in Valtellina. It was founded in 1957, in response to the need to find an entrepreneurial dimension to the work of many small farmers. Today we are a consortium with more than 20 members active breeders in the area between Sondrio and Tirano.
OUR CONTRIBUTING SHAREHOLDERS
Today we represent over 20 milk producers from Valtellina, whose farms are only a few kilometers from the dairy. They provide us milk every day and are involved in the functioning and results of the Dairy. Their presence helps to keep a real and positive economy in our mountain areas, and promotes a social balance which contributes to the quality of everyday life. In our farms we care deeply about animal welfare, preferring free stall barns and allowing cattle to roam the pastures freely during the summer.
Our goal is to ensure the sustainability of our business and the development of our farms. We treat all partners who share our path and support our project with respect and consideration. We take on challenges with determination and are satisfied only when our individual and collective welfare is growing.
Chiuro Dairy was the first dairy cooperative to produce drinking milk in Valtellina. It was founded in 1957, in response to the need to find an entrepreneurial dimension to the work of many small farmers. From the very beginning Chiuro Dairy stood out for the use of innovative technologies combined with traditional breeding methods, to ensure animal welfare and the quality of its products.