The Clearspring Mission
"Primarily Clearspring was born out of a wish to build a global organic food brand, to protect and develop the production of authentic and artisanal foods, and to distribute such good foods worldwide. What motivates us is to increase consumption of wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.", Clearspring’s Chairman, Christopher Dawson, summarizes the Company mission in this statement.
Clearspring is committed to distribute great tasting traditional foods that support good health that we would be happy to serve to our own families on a daily basis; promote sustainable agriculture; and provide economic stability for producer communities.
The Clearspring Founder Background & History
“By selecting and preparing the highest quality foods we can create balance and harmony, restore our health and heal our environment”. - Christopher Dawson.
Christopher Dawson, studied the benefits of a vegetarian diet on the body, and organic agricultural techniques on the planet, at just 18, in New Zealand. Learned about traditional dietary practices and food-processing techniques, studied Far Eastern philosophical principles and traditions at the East West Foundation in Boston, U.S.A.
Christopher moved to Japan in 1980 to work for a Trading Company, where he studied Japanese foods and production; worked with producers to develop new products and helped them to comply with EU organic certification.
Christopher set up up a store in London in 1997, and Clearspring Ltd as a privately owned UK company in September 1993. Clearspring currently distributes over 180 products from around the world in more than 45 countries worldwide.
The Clearspring Product Range
Each product is carefully evaluated for purity of ingredients, ecologically sound manufacturing practices, having received 18 Food Awards since 2010. Clearspring foods are made by traditional methods using time-tested recipes. Indeed, some of the foods Clearspring labels are made using methods and recipes dating back 200 to 500 years or more.
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions. We always work directly with our producers, building long-term partnerships of ethical trade that support sustainable organic farming and benefit local communities.
Authentic Japanese Range:
Organic Traditional Japanese Miso, Wild Harvested Japanese Sea Vegetables, Organic Japanese Tea, Authentic Japanese Specialities, Authentic Japanese Seasonings, Organic Japanese Noodles, Authentic Japanese Rice Cakes & Crackers, Organic Japanese Sushi Rice, Organic Japanese Tofu, Japanese Sushi Range, Japanese Kitchenware.
Organic Fine Foods Range:
Organic Cold Pressed Oils, Organic Italian Vinegars, Organic Roasted Seed Snacks, Organic Coconut Specialities, Organic Fruit Purées, Organic Fruit Spreads, Organic Desserts & Malt Syrups, Bio Kitchen Vegetables & Peanut Butter, Organic Gluten Free Cupboard Staples, Quick Cook Organic Grains & Pulses, Organic Oatcakes, Organic Corn & Rice Cakes, Condiments.
Free From Range:
Wheat Free Range, Gluten Free Range, Nut Free Range.
The Clearspring Brand Promise
- Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers, ethically sourced.
- Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present-day market needs.
- 100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
- No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives, GMO’s and refined sugar.
- Free From Range: Several products enjoy the status of Wheat-Free, Gluten Free and Nut-Free status.
- Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great-tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
- Presented in premium designed Branded packages appealing to the consumer.
- Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GMO ingredients.
- Good foods to be enjoyed locally and globally
Clearspring Ltd. offers you products from these product groups:
- Grocery products Cooking and baking (2720)
- Grocery products Snacks and sweets (1680)
- Grocery products Drinks (1642)
- Other grocery products (2245)
- Raw materials, supplies (824)
- Special characteristics of our products (3343)
- We are (3631)