FLORA , a windfall for socio economic development of the area and its residants.
The cooperative FLORA evolves in BOUJAAD which is known for its semi-arid climate and stony ground "Makrett", favorable to the planting of the prickly pear tree. It produces juice, vinegar and jam of the prickly pear; As well as salad, Nopal powder and the prickly pear seed oil.
FLORA contributes to farmers incomes improvment and to the economic integration of girls and local women by:
● Coaching farmers in maintenance techniques to improve harvesting methods and minimize fruit losses on the tree,
● Strengthening the professional capacities of women to improve their employability ensuring a stable monthly income,
● Women's socio-educational training to prepare a future where everyone has the right to enjoy a better quality of life.
In a few words :
● BOUJAAD has more than 1200 hectares of prickly pears,
● 1000 producing farmers,
● One hectare produces up to 10 tonnes of fruit