Who we are
IFOAM Asia is based in Seoul, South Korea and was established as a regional group of IFOAM Organics International in 2012. There are more than 270 members in 22 countries in IFOAM Asia.
IFOAM Asia is the only regional umbrella organization of the organic movements in Asia and is officially registered as a legal entity in South Korea as a non-profit organization.
- IFOAM Asia envisions to nurture and represent “Life Agriculture” or the Organic Movement in Asia in its full diverse cultural, economic and ecological context;
- Upholds the principle of “Organic” or “Life Agriculture” to support both human life and ecology; Recognizes family farms as the core unit of farming communities and as stewards of nature.
- Thereby, IFOAM Asia aims at improving the conditions of farmers, laborers, women, indigenous and other marginalized groups;
- Restoring nature’s balance and capability;
- Contributing towards building sustainable societies.