Superficially cheap – but expensive in reality: What our food really costs.
Our mission at Soil & More Impacts (previously Soil & More International) is to drive change in agriculture and food production through pragmatic, science-based sustainability solutions.
We do this by helping organisations to transparently demonstrate the true costs that are generated in agricultural and food production, by translating insight into sustainable strategies for food, farming and finance, and by putting strategy into action through on-the-ground capacity building for improved agricultural practice.
Currently, companies are financially rewarded by producing as cheaply as possible, while generating external costs to the environment and society that are not accounted for. Based on our 4M approach - manage, measure, monetize and market - we support our clients in creating true net value, considering and reducing externalities that have a negative impact on soil, water, climate, education and health (the “true costs”). We also address the incentives that the financial sector can leverage to drive sustainable development in the agricultural and food system.
We offer a holistic service approach, giving continuous support to our clients and integrating our extensive network in sustainable and organic farming and finance. Our services include:
- Context and ‘hotspot’ analyses with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating external impacts produced in the value chain (True Cost Accounting), including access to our suite of mobile-based impact monitoring software.
- Development of a sustainability strategy that is supported by all stakeholders.
- Capacity building for our client and their supply chain, including educational workshops in key organic farming techniques relating to soil health, fertility and farm productivity.
- Systematic implementation of the strategy into clients’ raw material procurement and financial management.
Our team of seasoned changemakers is active worldwide and speaks six languages. We look forward to meeting you at our stand in hall 7, stand 304. We also invite you to hear us present:
“All costs included?”
When? 16:00-17:30, Thursday 14th February, 2019
Where? Room/Saal Shanghai, NCC Ost
“Regional CO2 compensation as a new win-win approach”
When? 10:00-10.45, Friday 15th February, 2019
Where? Room/Raum Kopenhagen, NCC Ost
Please also feel free to contact us before or after BioFach via firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 174 26 388 90.