Hemp Oil is obtained from hemp (Cannabis sativa) seeds. The plant is extremely resilient and adaptive, but needs a lot of water to grow. The seeds have an oil content ranging between 26 % and 35 %. Today hemp is mainly grown in Asia, America and Europe.
Our Hemp Oil is a valuable edible oil with a nutritionally favorable fatty acid ratio. In the food sector, it is ideal as a salad oil, suitable for dressings, sauces, marinades and spreads.
The cosmetics industry uses Hemp Oil to care for dry, rough and flaky skin, as hemp oils have a regenerating and cell renewal effect due to the alpha-linolenic acid they contain. The contained phytosterols have a favorable effect on transepidermal water loss (TEWL).
Our Hemp Oil is characterized by:
- high in linoleic acid (omega-6, C18:2) and alpha linolenic acid (omega-3, C18:3) in a 3:1 Ratio
- high in natural vitamin E
- contains valuable phytosterols
- contains up to 4 % of rare gamma-linolenic acid (C18:3)
- THC content in the oil is < 5 mg/kg