The Growing Calendar is not an ordinary wall calendar. Each month presents another type of flower or vegetable, the seeds of which are incorporated in the calendar page. At the end of a month, the calendar sheet can be torn out and planted. This way, "garbage" turns into beautiful flowers and delicious vegetables.
Our calendar fascinates for many reasons:
1. Worldwide there is no comparable calendar concept.
2. It's a great example on how a classic throw-away product can turn into a sustainable product.
3. It is produced regionally and ecologically.
4. It provides all important information on planting and growing the plants and sets the time of sowing each year. By appropriate choice of frugal seeds and provision of key information, self-cultivation is quickly rewarded with a sense of achievement.
5. It makes growing an exciting experience and also allows people without great expertise and without a garden or balcony to approach this topic.
6. Children can learn how valuable our vegetables are and how they grow.
7. It makes a small contribution to the preserve our biodiversity and protect urban bees.
8. Different versions for different target groups:
a. Tausendsassa: Our calendar for all people with little experience and space to grow.
b. Mein erster Garten (My first garden): The calendar for children between the ages of 5 and 10 years with exciting tasks and craft ideas around the topic garden.
c. Vergessene Sorten (Forgotten Variety): A calendar for all gardening enthusiasts and plant experts dedicated to the conservation of biodiversity.