Coconut milk is the opaque white liquid that comes from the grated meat of a mature coconut. It is a natural oil-in-water emulsion of fat-protein-water and has a creamy viscosity.
Coconut milk contains carbohydrates (mainly sugar and starch) and minerals such as phosphorus, calcium and potassium. Albumin and globulin proteins are the dominant proteins in coconut milk, and the protein content of the undiluted milk varies from 5 to 10 % on dry basis.
Coconut milk can be used in almost any dish to add a coconut taste: boiling vegetables, frying meat, as a base for soups, stews, curries and sauces, drinks, ice-cream, for pastries and desserts.
Coconut milk is used especially for low-fat cooking and to whip up tasty dishes with a coconut flavour.
Other products from
Fair Trade Organic Coconut Milk is assigned to following product groups:
- Raw materials, supplies (753)
- Grocery products Cooking and baking (2580)
- Grocery products Snacks and sweets (1602)
- Grocery products Drinks (1502)
- Other grocery products (2114)
- Non-Food (599)
- Special characteristics of our products (3148)
- We are (3361)