We are a family owned business company with sales offices in USA, Japan, Australia and Germany.
Daabon (the name derived from the families Dávila and Abondano) was established in 1914 by the Dávila family. First the Dávilas only cultivated bananas, and later additional coffee, palm oil and cocoa. As we introduced to organic farming since 1990, Daabon is the organic pioneer in Colombia, based in Santa Marta.
As one of the biggest organic palm oil producers in the world, Daabon attaches importance:
- Quality (closed nutrient cycle / continuous optimization of production processes)
- Sustainability (founding member of the Round Table / RSPO / IP certified / founding member of POIG)
- Promotion of smallholders (cooperatives / Allianzas were founded)
- Environment protection (preservation of biodiversity / waste-free production processes)
- Social responsibility (promoting schools and small business / training operation / construction of houses for the workers)
Our slogan: "From the soil to the market" is a compromise to maintain full traceability and segregation of all our products.
The company has built a complete, controlled from one source, supply chain for palm oil: Breeding of plants / plantations / oil mill / refinery / storage tanks in the Port of Santa Marta / transport by ship.
Daabon are world’s first Palm Oil Grower to receive RSPO NEXT certification.