ORWACO CJSC is an Armenian-Norwegian joint venture, a “green field” company established in 2011 and located in Armenia. ORWACO harvests nutrient values from recycling organic industrial resources, to produce a variety of organic fertilizers and soil enhancers.
Production is based on natural processes with the aim to close the environmental loop and promote non-waste production. Pure biohumus (vermicompost) received from recycling of organic waste by red Californian worms is the basis for creation of variety of organic fertilizers, which are designed to improve the soil characteristics, to increase the yield and to ensure the healthy growth and development of plants.
“ORWACO” products include Biohummus, Organomix, Bio Liquid, Super Mix and Granulated Biohumus - ecologically pure, biologically active fertilizers.
The fact, that all the products are certified and allowed to be used in organic farming, provides an extra opportunity for development of organic farming in Armenia.
Our mission: The environmental problems of waste disposal can only be solved by transformation of waste into new products that have a sufficient market value to make them economically profitable.
Positive features of ORWACO's organic fertilizers:
- restore soil fertility,
- improve soil structure,
- increase the organic mass of soil,
- contain nutrients available for plants to use,
- are rich in growth hormones, amino acids, growth stimulating micro flora and have phyto-sanitary importance,
- doesn’t contain weed seeds, thus minimizing the fight against weeds,
- are free from toxic chemicals and pathogens,
- improve the cation exchange capacity,
- prevent soil hardening and erosion,
- remove the soil alkalinity and salinization,
- preserve the optimal pH value, increase the water holding capacity.
- increase the germination capacity, sprouting energy,
- promote the promptly rooting of grafts,
- promote the rapid growth of seedlings,
- promote the root formation, plant growth and development,
- increase yield and reduce crop maturity dates,
- increase plant resistance and stability to unfavorable weather conditions,
- increase the plants resistance against many pests, diseases, leaf and root pathogens (Fusarium oxysporum, Phytophtora capsici, Rhizoctonia solani, etc.);
- increase the content of sugar, proteins and vitamins; reduce nitrates, heavy metals and radionuclides in crops,
- promote rapid flowering of plants and reduce the period of plant growth and
development up to 15 days.