Lemon is a remontant product and for every flowering corresponds a commercial kind of fruit, therefore, according to the period of harvest, we have:
- "primofiore" - from the end of September to the end of November;
- "wintry" - from December to April;
- "bianchetti" - between April and May;
- "verdelli" - between June and the beginning of September.
Italian lemon, if we exclude particular zones where favourable microclimated conditions made it possible (Lazio, Puglia, Basilicata), it is almost exclusively cultivated in Sicily, Calabria and Campania.
Description of product and characteristics
Lemon Bianchetto is the lemon of second flowering, with a light green colour.
- Period: From April to June
- Origin: Sicily - Italia
- Form: elliptic and big sizes
- Peel: yellow citrine color
- Pulp: yellow color
- Juice: yellow citrine color
- Weight of fruits: above 100 gr.
- Caliber: 3, 4, 5
- Packings: In Bins, in net, in box, with leaves
- Manufacturing: with and without leaves