AromaStick is a Swiss-based manufacturer of aromatherapy nasal inhalers filled with 100% organic essential oils and absolutely nothing else. We developed the AromaStick because we wanted to offer people an easy-to-use, effective and all natural way of getting over the humps that we face in the day, whether it be a boost of energy or a moment of relaxation. Thought has gone into every detail of the production from the custom built filling machine and the recently patented AromaStick inhaler design (EP2868314), through to the quality of the ingredients and the efficacy of our essential oil blends.
The AromaStick has been designed to take advantage of our olfactory system and it's direct link to the brain. Each sniff of an AromaStick delivers scents directly to the nose, without loss of quality or quantity and with minimal exposure time to reduce habituation effects. In this manner, we are able to potentiate the effects of the aromas in order to influence mind and body. In fact, AromaSticks are so effective, that they influence the body 300% more effectively than scents released into the room.
Each AromaStick natural inhaler is rigourusly tested using randomised, double blind, and placebo-controlled methods where possible, to verify the claims we make. Our studies and our approach have been accepted by the wider scientific community and resulted in numerous peer reviewed academic publications. The AromaSticks have since even been introduced successfuly in clinical settings as an accompaniment to existing treatments.
- Schneider, R. (2016) There Is Something in the Air: Testing the Efficacy of a new Olfactory Stress Relief Method (AromaStick®). Stress & Health, 32: 411–426
- Schneider, R. (2016) Direct Application of Specially Formulated Scent Compositions (AromaStick®) Prolongs Attention and Enhances Visual Scanning Speed. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 30 (4): 650– 654
- Singer, N. & Schneider, R. (2017). Practically Relevant Stress Relieving Effects of Olfactory Stimuli Delivered by a Specially Formulated Odour Inhaler (AromaStick®): Overview of an Initial Series of Studies Testing Different Boundary Conditions. International Journal of Clinical Aromatherapy, 11: 48-58.
- Schneider, R. (2017). From Pain to Pleasure: A Newly Developed Essential Oil Inhaler (AromaStick®) Alters Pain Dynamics and Increases Well-being. Results from Two Randomized, Controlled Documentation Studies. Current Psychopharmacology, 6, August.
- Schneider R. (2018) A Breath of Fresh Air: Arterial Blood Oxygen Saturation Significantly Increased Upon the Use of an Essential Oil Inhaler (AromaStick). Results from a Prospective, Controlled, Experimental Study Involving Healthy Individuals. Current Respiratory Medicine Reviews, 14; 1-8
- Singer, N. & Schneider, R. (2017). Investigating the use of a specially formulated odour inhaler (AromaStick®) on weight loss: Overview of the results of a two-armed, randomised, controlled effectiveness study. International Journal of Clinical Aromatherapy, 12, 16-24.
- Schneider, R. (2019). Seasonal allergic rhinitis is effectively assuaged with an essential oil inhaler (AromaStick®): Results from a randomized, controlled, double-blind effectiveness trial. The Natural Products Journal, 9, 39-46
- Schneider, R., Singer, N., Singer, T. (2018) Medical Aromatherapy revisited – Basic mechanisms, critique, and a new development. Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical & Experimental, 34, e2683.