High Content Screening with customized, clinically relevant assays
ADSI, the Austrian Drug Screening Institute, is a research company of the Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck (LFU) and offers contract research for companies and academic research institutes. The unique feature about ADSI is that cell-based assays are tailored to be particularly clinically relevant. On the other hand, these assays are read out with High Content Content Screening with regard to as many parameters as possible. This enables scanning focused substance libraries quickly and systematically for effective candidates (hits) for a wide variety of medical questions. We offer new analytical approaches for Phytopharmacy, Phytocosmetics and Phytonutrition.
Drug candidates with better opportunities
ADSI does not limit itself to answering the question: does it work or not. ADSI provides an explanation of how and why a substance works and whether side effects are to be expected. This information will help to better assess the potential of compounds for clinical trials. With this concept ADSI offers not only an ideal platform for finding drug candidates, but also a special environment to accurately characterize and further develop the first hits from a previous high throughput screening (Hit to Lead).
Co-cultures, analytics and toxicity tests
The particular strengths of ADSI are evident at all levels of early drug development:
- Special extraction processes and chemical analysis make it possible to optimize the production of effective substance mixtures, especially plant extracts.
- The screening of co-cultures consisting of different cell types is carried out under controlled oxygen conditions. The cell systems are also monitored over a long period of time using state-of-the-art analytical methods in order to investigate the influence of test substances on cell communication and signal transduction as well as to elucidate what happens to the test substances in cell metabolism.
- Toxicological tests provide initial information on the tolerance of test substances. This results in a profound, meaningful and trend-setting screening result for further development.
ADSI GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
- Skin care (442)
- Special cosmetics/care (215)
- Raw materials and additives for the natural and organic cosmetics industry (90)
- Service providers, media (28)