Our cold pressed camelina oil has high Omega 3 content (35%), as well as a unique and balanced fatty acid profile: Omega 3 (35%), Omega 6 (20%) and Omega 9 (35%).
Unlike other high Omega 3 oils, camelina oil has high natural antioxidants, including Vitamin E content (tocopherols), which grants the oil a high oxidation stability and avoiding rancidity issues (with up to 2 years shelf life).
Camelina oil has positive indications towards the regulation of inflammatory disorders and tissue regeneration. Camelina oil is readily absorbed with a dry after feel. It has superior emollience and is particularly suited to dry skin formulations. It is also an excellent soap making oil and imparts conditioning properties to natural soaps.
Camelina’s high EFA content have a clear effect on skin and act as anti-ageing agents by enhancing the barrier function of the epidermis, reducing the trans-epidermal water loss and improving elasticity of the skin. It can also be used as an emollient to soften skin.
BENEFITS & USES:
- good spreading properties
- provides lubricity
- improved elasticity
- offers protective coating for hair follicles
- stable shelf life against oxidation
- anti-ageing agents
- bar soaps
- any anhydrous formulation where the skin nutritive properties of Camelina are desired.
Camelina oil is assigned to following product groups:
- Skin care (330)
- Body care (321)
- Hair care (170)
- Special cosmetics/care (170)
- Raw materials and additives for the natural and organic cosmetics industry (73)