We meet again: BIOFACH Congress 2023
Important questions and answers about the BIOFACH Congress 2023
From 14 – 17 February 2023 the organic world will meet at the congress that takes place at the same time as BIOFACH, the Worlds’s Leading Trade Fair for Organic Food, to discuss future questions of the market and future strategies, to learn from each other and pass on knowledge.
The BIOFACH Congress will be held in the congress center NCC OstIn addition, the congress will be presented digitally on the talque event platform of BIOFACH and VIVANESS. All VIVANESS congress presentations can be viewed "remotely" as a video for about half a year after the trade fairs.
Every year, the organic sector is invited to submit program proposals via the 'call for ideas'. Unfortunately, the submission deadline for the 'call for ideas' for the BIOFACH Congress 2023 has already passed.
Yes, BIOFACH’s international patron, IFOAM - Organics International, national supporting organisation, The German Federation of the Organic Food Industry (BÖLW) and BIOFACH are joining forces to design the focal topic of the congress every year.
Suggested topics for the congress forums
- are of interest to the sector,
- reflect current discussions,
- inform, for example, about the development of the markets,
- deal with news and trends,
- deal with future topics, and controversial (political) content,
- shed light on law and regulations, and
- inform about research projects and findings, market, opinion, and marketing.
Diverse topics and different perspectives are welcome to stimulate discussion and exchange.
Exhibitors are of course invited to submit topic proposals for the 2023 congress. However, content that is promotional or one-sidedly product-related cannot be considered for the congress program.
It will be possible to book exhibitor presentations for a fee. Further information will follow.
The congress languages are German and English. Some selected sessions are translated simultaneously from German into English or English to German.
The first day of the congress and exhibition is Tuesday, Febuary 14. last day is Friday, Febuary 17.
Generally the congress sessions last 45 to 90 min.
Depending on the length of the session (45-90 min), up to 4 speakers and a moderator can be involved.
- Discussion session (45-90 min): One or up to four speakers present and discuss in the panel. After about half the time at the latest, the focus shifts from the speakers to the audience. Includes 1-3 speakers.
- Information session (45-90 min): One or up to three inform about a topic or set of topics; the exchange with the audience is limited to answering comprehension questions.
The focus is on the physical (face to face) exchange in the congress live on site in Nuremberg. The digital additional offer is shown on the event platform talque of BIOFACH and VIVANESS and includes with regard to the BIOFACH congress program:
- The recording of all congress presentations* will be available as a video on talque the day after the presentation.
- In addition, selected presentations can be followed as a livestream on talque.
Access to the digital event platform talque of BIOFACH and VIVANESS, is included in the ticket price for all trade fair visitors and exhibitors.
By organizing a congress session
- you can help shape industry policy. Every year, BIOFACH brings together representatives from politics, associations, NGOs, VIPs and other opinion leaders.
- specific networking opportunities open up. Nowhere else will you meet sector players in their entirety. This makes BIOFACH unique.
- you get attention and strengthen the perception of your topics in the market and industry.
- It is expected that from mid-December the congress contributions will be announced step by step free of charge (with topic, content and speakers) on the BIOFACH and VIVANESS website (the speakers additionally with picture and CV).
- In addition, the congress sessions will be announced on the digital event platform talque in the "Agenda"; the recordings of the congress sessions will be available on talque for six months after the trade fair.
- free admission for the entire duration of the exhibition on site in Nuremberg.
- access to the speakers lounge.
- free registration for the talque digital exhibition platform with all usage options.
- Visibility and perception as sector expert: The congress program will be gradually published on the websites of BIOFACH and VIVANESS and the talque digital platform in December 2022.
- In addition to the congress program, the list of names of all speakers will be published, with picture, function as well as short CV and link to the congress program.
Please note that honoraria, travel and hotel expenses will not be covered.
Let us know if you would like to receive information about BIOFACH. Use our contact form.