Visit BIOFACH 2024
From February 13-16, 2024, the organic food industry will come together once again at BIOFACH – the world’s leading trade fair for organic food at the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre. Secure your ticket and experience an exciting programme of supporting events, international exhibitors and innovative organic products.
Paving the path for a sustainable future
Organics are the key to a better world. Let’s join together to protect the climate, create sustainable solutions and shape a future worth living in for future generations.
BIOFACH and VIVANESS are more than just a trade fair duo. At the world’s leading trade fair for organic food and the international trade fair for natural cosmetics and personal care, we celebrate the lively conversation that brings people together from all over the world and along the entire value chain.
Visionary ideas and the pooled expertise of the international organic and natural cosmetics and personal care industry will convene again at the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre from February 13-16, 2024: Here you will not only experience innovative products and discover sustainable nutrition and cosmetics concepts – you will also broaden your horizons, trade ideas with like-minded people and be inspired by leading experts at the BIOFACH and VIVANESS congresses.
Only together can we pave the way for a more sustainable food system and a more natural cosmetics and personal care industry. Will we see you there?
Why you don’t want to miss BIOFACH 2024
BIOFACH 2024 offers four days packed with comprehensive insights into the world of organic food, industry trends and fundamental questions about the future. You don’t have a ticket yet? Here are six good reasons for you to attend the trade fair:
- It’s all about organic: BIOFACH offers you a lively programme and a wide range of organic food, selected non-food products, innovative packaging concepts and so much more.
- More than networking: The most important stakeholders in the organic industry come together at BIOFACH. Here you have the opportunity to make lasting connections with manufacturers, sellers and exhibitors along the entire value chain.
- Knowledge transfer and advanced professional training: Numerous events, special sections, lectures and, last but not least, the extensive BIOFACH Congress invite you to exchange ideas and join in discussions. Come get inspired!
- Global perspective: The whole world comes together in Nuremberg. Explore international business opportunities and meet producers and distributors from a wide range of countries.
- Certified quality: All organic products on display meet strict standards and are certified under the EU Organic Regulation and/or the international IFOAM guidelines.
- Digital and analogue: Our innovative trade fair concept combines face-to-face interactions on-site with the advantages of the virtual world. On the platform "BIOFACH digital", you can follow congress events in a live stream or on-demand, and the BIOFACH app helps you keep an eye on the trade fair map and exhibitors.
The BIOFACH Congress
Food for Future – Women’s Impact on Sustainable Food Systems
Gender equity is a key issue in shaping a sustainable future for our food system. That’s why we are putting the spotlight on the transformative power of women in the food sector at this year’s BIOFACH Congress:
Gender equality has far-reaching positive impacts on the food industry. Companies with balanced gender representation in the executive suite tend to have more sustainable business practices and lower emissions, and women are often the pioneers in the industry, playing a key role in developing innovative solutions for organic agriculture and sustainable organic food.
In our total of eight congress forums, we offer you ample space for thought-provoking knowledge exchanges and exciting discussions.
BIOFACH ForumThe BIOFACH Forum covers global organic market trends and the importance of organic food management in solving global problems such as climate change and food security.
Sustainability ForumThe Sustainability Forum actively addresses the implementation of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and shows how organic products can make an important contribution to global sustainability.
Politics ForumThe Politics Forum raises awareness of the regulatory landscape that influences the development of organic food farming and businesses and aims to foster a dialogue between industry stakeholders and political decision-makers.
Science ForumThe Science Forum promotes the exchanging of ideas between scientists, practitioners and consultants to make research results accessible and actionable for the organic sector.
Agriculture ForumThe Agriculture Forum focuses on the future of organic farmers and discusses strategies to safeguard their livelihoods and promote organic farming.
Fachhandel ForumThe Fachhandel Forum will discuss possible solutions to help independent organic specialty retailers strengthen their role in the changing market, despite the challenges posed by inflation and declining sales. (Only in German)
STADTLANDBIO ForumThe STADTLANDBIO Forum discusses ways in which cities and communities can promote high-quality yet cost-effective organic dining options in community eateries while supporting regional producers.
HoReCa ForumThe new HoReCa Forum sheds light on the development of organic foods in out-of-home and community catering. We will discuss topics such as procurement and availability of goods, transformation in kitchens and companies, offers of support from the federal, state and local governments, and the new ordinance on organic catering outside the home.
Trade fair programme, themes and highlights
At BIOFACH 2024, you can once again expect to find an extensive trade fair programme with numerous special sections, worlds of experience, product areas and highlights. Get your tickets now!
Trends and what’s new
Traditional dishes with a vegan interpretation, tamari made from buckwheat or peas, alternative sweeteners and innovative sustainable packaging concepts that prove less really is more: At the Novelty stand in Hall 3A, the Young Innovative Companies Pavilion in Hall 9 or at the new special section “International Newcomers & Start-ups” in Hall 3A , you will have the opportunity to discover the trends in the organic sector first-hand and find inspiration in sustainable concepts. And in the Best New Product Award, you can submit your vote for the most creative organic products of the year.
Experience and explore
At BIOFACH, you can use all your senses as you experience certified organic quality. Indulge yourself and sample our diverse range of products – in the OLIVE OIL World of Experience in Hall 4, for example, or the VEGAN World of Experience in Hall 4A, where everything revolves around the trend of plant-based food. If you want exciting insights into the world of zero-waste and unpackaged concepts, be sure to visit the UNVERPACKT product area in Hall 8.
Initiatives and new ideas
Shaping the future of food: The Initiatives & NGOs Meeting Point in Hall 9 is dedicated to political issues such as fair trade, animal welfare, biodiversity, sustainable use of natural resources and social food systems. For a refreshing take, stop by the Generation Future Meeting Point. This is where the young generation of the organic industry comes together to discuss, network and share inspiration. And the BioThesis research prize will once again honour exceptional ideas concerning sustainability issues in the organic food sector this year.
Working together to create future-proof retail concepts: In the Forum Fachhandel in Hall 9, specialized retailers are provided with information and an opportunity to exchange ideas on the latest topics, challenges and opportunities in the organic food trade – online, offline and in new combinations of the two worlds. (Only in German)
Organic out-of-home – the new special show Meetingpoint HoReCa
Sustainable and ecological – naturally also out-of-home! Organic food is becoming more and more popular in community catering and the gastronomy sector. Moreover, policymakers are charting a course for more organic foods in out-of-home. With its own forum at the Congress, along with a consolidated offering in Hall 3A and from numerous exhibitors, for the first time BIOFACH 2024 will offer a dedicated meeting point for all stakeholders in the community catering sector. All about organic hospitality – from best practices to lectures, interactive sessions and networking, to a culinary experience in the flagship organic restaurant!
Ticket prices and information for your visit to the trade fair
You can find all the important information you’ll need for your visit, the trade fair schedule, additional digital offers, ticket prices and information on exhibitors and products here.
Your admission as a trade visitor
BIOFACH and VIVANESS are restricted exclusively to trade visitors. This is the only way we can ensure the event’s competence as the world’s leading exhibition, the quality of the products and services offered and the success of your visit.
Your trade visitor status must therefore be proved when purchasing your entrance ticket.
1. Who qualifies as a trade visitor at BIOFACH?
Admissible sectors of economy:
- Specialized retail for organic & health food
- Specialized retail for wine / delicatessen
- Conventional retail for food
- Specialized retail for personal care
- Specialized retail for drugstore articles
- Specialized retail for (eco) textiles / other retail
- Wholesale trade / import & export
- Hotel / restaurant
- Eating out and other catering
- Fisheries & aquaculture
- Manufacturer of food
- Manufacturer of beverages
- Manufacturer of personal care
- Manufacturer of drugstore articles
- Manufacturer of textiles and other natural products
- Association / official agency / public institution
- Fashion designer
- Branch related media
- Service providers (eligibility in form of a personal written invitation from an exhibitor required)
2. What documents are required as proof of trade visitor status?
- A business document which clearly indicates that the company trades in goods exhibited at BIOFACH, e.g. business registration, business card, an extract from the commercial register or a recent supplier invoice.
- Employment contract or salary statement which confirm that a position in a related branch is currently held. Confidential information can be blackened out.
- Employees can prove their eligibility with written confirmation from their employer on letterheaded paper stating that they are to visit the exhibition on behalf of the company
- Service companies need to submit a written personal invitation from an exhibiting company.
3. Where can you register and prove your trade visitor status?
Carl Veldman and team
Regardless of whether it's tickets, registration, services at the trade fair center or the trade fair program: Are you planning your visit to the trade fair and still have questions? The VisitorService team will be happy to help you.besucherservice@