Meeting place of the organic sector
The World´s Leading Trade Fair for Organic Food, combined with VIVANESS, International Trade Fair for Natural and Organic Personal Care, is an important business event, an emotional event for the sector, and both a get-together and an opportunity for positioning. Not for nothing is the exhibition duo the annual platform for:
- Network: Nowhere else do all the customers, suppliers, partners and potential new customers meet personally in a comparable way.
- Market: This is where supply meets demand – for both visitors and the exhibiting companies. Manufacturers present their company and products to the whole community and observe and analyse the market and position themselves for the competition at the same time.
- PR: BIOFACH is used for imagebuilding by manufacturers and traders and all the stakeholders involved. With over 400 media representatives from over 20 countries and extensive media reporting, the exhibition duo offers a powerful PR platform.
- Knowledge: The BIOFACH Congress provides extensive information about the organic sector. The VIVANESS Congress informs about current developments in the natural cosmetics sector. Nearly 8,000 congress participants sourced information at 120 individual events in 2023.
- Politics: Every year, the exhibition duo gathers representatives from politics, associations, NGOs, VIPs and other opinion formers and figures of public interest. Here the organic stakeholders discuss matters concerning the future of the market and use this joint platform for shaping the future.
Success story of BIOFACH
BIOFACH takes place for the 34th year in succession in 2023 and can look back on an outstanding success story. The exhibition was founded by Hagen Sunder, Hubert Rottner and Jürgen Ries and it all began with 197 exhibitors in the Ludwigshafen Stadthalle in 1990. Some 2,500 visitors attended the "1st European Trade Fair for Organic Food and Natural Products" at that time. The exhibition was organized in Nuremberg for the first time in 1999 and brought together as many as 1,276 exhibitors and more than 15,384 visitors. 2001 the founders decided to put the organization of BIOFACH into the hands of NürnbergMesse. Since then BIOFACH has developed into the World´s Leading Trade Fair for Organic Food and is firmly established. The natural cosmetics segment was separated from the exhibition in 2007 and since then has been organized parallel to BIOFACH as VIVANESS, International Trade Fair for Natural and Organic Personal Care. Due to the Corona pandemic, BIOFACH took place purely digitally as the BIOFACH / VIVANESS eSPECIAL in 2021. In 2022, the trade fair was held as a one-time Summer Edition. In 2023, BIOFACH returned to its regular schedule in February.
All important information on BIOFACH at a glance
Where? Exhibition Centre Nuremberg
Date & opening times
13 - 15 February 2024: 09:00 - 18:00
16 February 2024: 09:00 - 17:00
All information and details about exhibitors & products as well as the supporting program can be found on the digital event platform "BIOFACH digital". Take advantage of the benefits and functions of the digital extension - before, during and after the exhibition. After the exhibition, you can also access recordings of selected presentations, for example. All information on "BIOFACH digital" can be found here.